6.21.2010

Half Marathon

Nate and I decided we needed a goal, a healthy goal, so we came up with the idea of running a half marathon.  We had asked Jaimee if she wanted to join since she was going to be out here. She is also an experienced runner -- piece of cake for her!! Nate and I were doing great training together, but half way through, Nate injured his fascia (thanks to Jaimee I now know what a few things in body are!) so he had to stop training. I continued with the training in WA and Jaimee in MT.

June 6, 2010---half marathon day!!

Our adventure started nice and early...left the house at 4:45AM! to catch the ferry in Anacortes. First ferry ride for Jaimee! What a lovely day we had...not!

Anacortes, wa

On the ferry - 6:25AM

Drinking coffee to get some energy. 
We were passed out within 20 mins.

Stretching


YEAH!! We finished! 

It was a great, beautiful, HILLY run. Jaimes and I ran together until mile 10 when an 11 year old passed us. Jaimee's competitive nature kicked in and I said 'see ya at the finish line!' :) I was also about done running by that point. Still don't know what kept me going to the end. Maybe the wonderful Mimosa at the restaurant after? ;)

Raspberry mimosa? Can't remember, but everyone in the restaurant that ran the race was drinking them!

We got done just in time for the rain to start.

Onto the next bar while we wait for the ferry. 

WA Lottery


Pull Tabs. I thought they were a stupid way to gamble.




Until we won $20!!!!



What a great experience to share with Jaimee! Couldn't have had a better friend to share such a huge personal accomplishment with!! Great memories!


No comments:

Post a Comment