11.30.2010

Delish Chicken Dinner

I am a huge fan of trying quick and easy recipes. I will share some I find that are worth passing along. A plus with these recipes is that I have almost every ingredient at my house! Don't get me wrong, I love grocery shopping, but not after work. I go when I can spend a lot of time checking things out. Nate absolutely hates shopping with me because I take soooo long. :)

I do change up most recipes to what I have on hand or swap things out to make them healthier.

{I can't take credit for this beautiful photo, but it was pretty similar. I didn't add the parsley :P}


Pan-Seared Chicken Breasts with Shallots


Ingredients

  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded thin
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 shallots, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/3 cup dry white wine
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth


Directions

  1. Melt 1 tablespoon butter and heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, and brown on both sides in the skillet. Cover, and continue cooking 10 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear. Set aside, and keep warm.
  2. Mix shallots and garlic into skillet over medium heat, and cook until tender. Stir in wine, and cook until heated through. Stir in broth, and continue cooking 5 minutes, or until reduced and slightly thickened. Mix in the remaining butter until melted. Serve the sauce over the chicken.

---I added a couple handfuls of mushrooms with the garlic and onions (didn't have shallots at home) to get more veggies
---I added a tablespoon or two of flour to the sauce to thicken it a bit. 
---Did not use all the butter they called for. EVOO instead and a tish of butter


Sauteed Green Beans


Ingredients

  • 5 slices bacon
  • 1/2 cup slivered almonds
  • 1 (16 ounce) package frozen cut green beans
  • 1/4 cup butter

Directions

  1. Place bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until browned on one side, then turn over to cook on the other side. Add the almonds to the skillet at this time, and cook, stirring until light golden brown.
  2. Remove the bacon from the skillet, leaving the bacon drippings. Crumble or chop bacon, and return to the skillet. Melt the butter in with the drippings. Add the green beans; cook and stir until tender, about 8 minutes.

--I used turkey bacon instead of regular. Doesn't produce grease, but flavor is still in pan.
--I did not use the amount of butter it called for. I used EVOO instead (eye ball pour) with about .5tsp of butter

Mashed Cauliflower

Ingredients
Cauliflower
skim milk
spray butter
salt & pepper to taste

Directions
1. Chop and steam cauliflower
2. Put cauliflower and 1/4ish Cup milk in food processor and puree
3. Add butter and salt & pepper to taste

---this is my version of mashed cauliflower. Quick, easy, & delish!

Happy Cooking! Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment