1.17.2011

Bird Hunting

I was excited to take my "bird dogs" hunting while we were home for Christmas. Since Bridger is an excellent hunter in our backyard {Nate saw him almost catch another squirrel!} I thought he would be awesome at running the bushes for birds.

Yep, I was wrong and my dad was right. The only thing they hunt are the back of our heels. :( They still had a great workout and enjoyed running back and forth from Nate and me.

The pro-hunter

He was telling Scott something was wrong with his shells. 
They were "popping" ;)

Jackpot bushes. About 100 birds came out of here!






I didn't have my camera handy when about twenty at a time when over my head. It was amazing. I have never seen so many birds at once while hunting.


My favorite picture!
May become a painting someday ;)


 The only time Jeter picks up speed is on snow packed roads. He is a pretty lazy "runner".

The pheasant came back to life! A first for me to see

Checking out their birds


Proud hunters! 

The boys went back to my dad's shop to clean the birdies up and I went home to take a nap. Perfect ending to a successful hunting trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment