1.05.2010

Christmas in Montana -- 3rd Stop

BOZEMAN::
After our 2 day stay in Glendive we packed up and headed to Bozeman. Nate had an appointment so we had to leave early.


We arrived safely even though I couldn't see out the back end!

Christmas Eve is the big night for the Knutsons. Someone did a little last minute shopping in the morning---NATE!!! That's ok, he got wonderful gifts for everyone with his huge loving heart! Joan cooked a delicious prime rib with the awesome sides and then we got ready to go to church. But, before we went to church, we took a little detour and drove around a neighborhood that puts out luminaries every Christmas Eve. They were beautiful! The neighborhood has someone who heads the whole project and if you are out of town, someone lights your luminaries and shovels your side walk! WOW! So we drove down a few street with our lights dim to take in the neighborhood festivities. For the five years I lived in Bozeman, I had no idea they did this. Here is a photo from the newspaper. Pretty cool.

Next was church then opening of the gifts! We were all tired before church and thought we may just open gifts the next morning, but after church, we were rejuvenated! We stayed up late drinking wine and opening our gifts. Then we fell asleep watching a movie. Maybe that was just me ;)

We woke up to see peaceful snow coming down. Nate insisted on us going sledding. So we got our gear on, hopped in the car (dogs included) and drove to Highlight. The mountains were so gorgeous with the fresh snow. Jake noticed that if you looked closely you could see the entire shape of the snowflake. So cool!

Our first hill was less then desirable. Boys mastered it. I -- not so much. The trick was to "bail" before you went down the second hill. I was going far too fast to "bail" and managed to hit one of the two boulders we were trying to avoid. Then I was done :) I didn't get a picture of my huge bruise. It is healing now. I asked Nate how it looked last night. His response, "Maybe you shouldn't wear short sleeves yet." I take it, it still looks bad. ;)

The next few hills we tried we ok. Nate went over a rock and popped his tube. The last hill was the best. Joan taught me how to do cross country skiing. I was NOT good at all. I kept telling myself it was because my arm was just injured from the boulder. We found a road with a little decline. Maybe .5%. I told Joan I wanted to try out regular skiing. Then she turned around to watch me and said it was the slowest slow motion fall she had ever seen! I wasn't good at that either. I think I will stick to sports without snow.

The boys were having fun video taping the runs down the sled hill. Jake has all the photos from this adventure. There were some good ones. I'll post once I get them. The dogs had a blast!

We had another delicious meal of turkey and the fixings. yummmy!! Then came our family game time. Nate gave me a new game called 'Quelf'. It is so fun! You should get it. It is a great time to get your belly roaring with laughter. We also played it the next night when Renie and Tara came to visit.


This is the moment right before they had to make a run to the restroom. teehee!!


The card said they had to dance like they were at the prom :)

I had to stand in an 'X' until my next turn. ugh!

Rick doing a little singing :)



We had a wonderful, quiet Christmas with the Knutsons. Quite different from what I am accustomed to, but it was great to get to spend it with Nate and his family and get to know their family traditions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment